(The documents of all followings are available and ready to show as your request)
Address : Industrial Eng. Dept.,College of Engineering,
Islamic Azad University (Shiraz Branch), Shiraz, Iran,
Email: email@example.com ,
Date of Birth: 22.09.1970
Martial status: Married
2010– 2013 • PhD in Industrial Engineering
Department of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
Faculty of Mechanical Eng.
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Skudai, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Thesis title: An extended Framework for Implementing of Enterprise Resource Planning for Small and Medium Enterprises
2006– 2008 • M.Sc. In Industrial Engineering
Department of Industrial Engineering
Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Thesis title: Investigating the Rural Cooperative Organization of Iran and comparison with other other countries and proposing improvement for organizational improvement using SWOT method
1991 – 1995 • B.Sc. In Computer Software Engineering
Department of Computer Engineering
Islamic Azad University (South of Tehran Branch), Tehran, Iran
Islamic Azad Univ. (IAU) (Shiraz branch, Iran)
Dean of Ind. Eng. Dept.
Islamic Azad Univ. (IAU) (Shiraz branch, Iran)
Islamic Azad Univ. (IAU) (Parsian branch, Iran)
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM, Malaysia)
Islamic Azad Univ. (IAU) (Anar branch, Iran)
Islamic Azad Univ. (IAU) (Bafgh branch, Iran)
Yazd Organizational Education Institute (Iran)
AREAS OF PRACTICAL & ACADEMIC INTERESTS
·Production & Operations Management
·Sustainable Supply Chain Management (SSCM)
·Business Process Reengineering (BPR)
·Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
·Value Chain Analysis (VCA)
·Big Data Analysis
Several undergraduate and post-graduate courses related to:
Operations Research (M.Sc.), Statistics (BA., M.Sc.), Supply Chain Management (M.Sc.), Enterprise Resource Planning (M.Sc.), Business Process Reengineering (M.Sc.), Logistics (M.Sc.), Total Quality Management (BA, M.Sc.), Research Methodology (M.Sc.), and Simulation (BA).
-For the undergraduate and post-graduate students of Industrial Engineering and Management Science (during the period 2008 to present, in different Iranian and Malaysian universities.
HONORS & AWARDS
• Ranked 4th among Industrial Engineering students in M.Sc. Degree of Sharif University Technology (2008)
• Ranked 1st among Computer Engineering students in nationwide Bachelor Degree College Islamic Azad University Entrance (1991)
• Ranked 1st among Computer Software Eng. of Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
- Majid Aarabi, Sahar Ahmadi, Ghasem Rezaei, Evaluation of Value Chain Criteria in the Poultry Industry of Iran Using Exploratory Factor Analysis (Case Study: Fars Province), International Journal of Industrial Engineering: Theory, Applications and Practice, 2018 (under review)
- Majid Aarabi, Mohammad M. Tavakoli, Ghasem Rezaei, Assessment of the role of factors in the success of ERP systems in the Iranian oil industry using structural equation model (SEM) (Case study: Fourth Refinery of South Pars Gas Complex), International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology, 2018 (under review)
- Saeid Safari, Majid Aarabi, Sustainable Supply Chain Network Design For Perishable Goods: A Literature Review, GMP Review, 2015, Vol. 18, Issue 1, pp. 123-132
- Saeid Safari, Majid Aarabi, Integrated Model Of Strategic Decision For Sustainable Supply Chain Network Design For Perishable Goods, GMP Review, 2015, Vol. 18, Issue 1, pp. 115-122.
- Majid Aarabi, Ahmad Reza Shekarchizadeh and Muhamad Zameri Mat Saman, Assessing The Application Of An Extended Framework Of ERP Implementation In SMEs, International Journal of Current Life Sciences, 2014, Vol.4, Issue, 9, pp. 7891-7898.
- Seyed Mohammad Hossein Hojjati and Majid Aarabi, Critical Social Factors For A Successful ERP Implementation In Small and Medium Sized Enterprises, International Journal of Current Life Sciences, 2014, Vol.4, Issue, 7, pp. 3593-3604.
- Majid Aarabi and Mahboobeh Mohammadkazem, A Review of Readiness Assessment of ERP Implementation in Iranian Small and Medium Enterprises, International Journal of Information Systems and Engineering, 2014, Vol. 2, Issue 1. 17-25.
- Majid Aarabi and Sajedeh Hasanian, Capacity planning and control: a review, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 2014,Volume 5, Issue 8, pp. 975-984.
- Majid Aarabi, Hadi Ghafoorian, Muhamad Zameri Mat Saman, Relevance of ERP Implementation and Critical Success Factors in SMEs of Developing Countries, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, 2014,Volume 5, Issue 9, pp. 11-19.
- Mohamadkazem, M., Shirazi, B., Aarabi, M., Presentation of Model for ERP Readiness Assessment for Iranian Small and Medium Enterprises, Information Systems, 2013.
- Majid Aarabi, M.Z.M. Saman, and K.Y. Wong, The Use of Multi-Agent Systems in Managing Sustainable Supply Chain. Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2013. 315: p. 108-112.
- Majid Aarabi, M.Z. Mat Saman, and K.Y. Wong, Classification of Critical Success Factors for ERP Implementation in Iranian SMEs. Information Systems, 2012.
- Majid Aarabi and S. Shariatmadari, Information Systems of Supply Chain Management in SMEs: Sustainable Approach. International Journal of Research in Management & Technology (IJRMT), 2012. 2(5): p. 519-524.
- Majid Aarabi, M.Z.M. Saman, and K.Y. Wong, A comparative study on critical success factors (CSFs) of ERP systems implementation among SMEs and large firms in developing countries. International Journal of Advancements in Computing Technology, 2012. 4(9): p. 226-239.
- Majid Aarabi, Radwan, A.H., Verification and Validation in GERAM Framework for Modeling of Information Systems. International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research (IJSER), 2011. 2(10): p. 1-10.
- Majid Aarabi, Samira Dinakani, Presenting a Model with Traceability in Sustainable Supply Chain of Poultry Industry Based on SCOR Model and Theory of Constraints, 3rd International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Management, 2017: Tehran, Iran.
- Samira Dinakani, Majid Aarabi, Traceability in Sustainable Supply Chain of Food Products, 1st, International Halal Conference, 2017: Mashhad, Iran.
- Aarabi, M., M.Z. Mat Saman, and K.Y. Wong, A conceptual framework for ERP systems implementation in SMEs, in 5th International Colloquium on Business & Management 2012: Bangkok, Thailand.
- Aarabi, M., M.Z. Mat Saman, and K.Y. Wong, Review of ERP implementation frameworks for small and medium sized enterprises in 5th International Colloquium on Business & Management 2012: Bangkok, Thailand.
- Aarabi, M., M.Z. Mat Saman, and K.Y. Wong, The Effect of Enterprise Architecture for Enterprise Resource Planning in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises: a Review and Research Direction, in International Industrial Engineering and Service Science (IESS 2011) Conference2011: Solo, Indonesia.
- Aarabi, M, M.Z. Mat Saman, and K.Y. Wong, Critical Success Factors of Enterprise Resource Planning Implementation in Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises in Developing Countries: a Review and Research Direction, in International Industrial Engineering and Service Science (IESS 2011) Conference 2011: Solo, Indonesia.
- Aarabi, M., M.Z. Mat Saman, and K.Y. Wong, Conceptual model for information systems of sustainable supply chain management. Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), 2011 IEEE International Conference 2011. Singapore: IEEE.
- Radwan, A. and Aarabi, M., Study of Implementing Zachman Framework for Modeling Information Systems for Manufacturing Enterprises Aggregate Planning, in 2nd International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM 2011)2011: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Radwan, A. and Aarabi, M., Modeling Supply Chain Management Information System Using ARIS Framework, in 2nd International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Operations Management (IEOM 2011)2011: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Sadra Abarghouei N., Hossaini. Nasab H., Aarabi M. and Vahdat M.A., A fuzzy evaluation model for total ergonomics, Asia Pacific Symposium on Advancements in Ergonomics and Safety (ERGOSYM2011), 5-6 December 2011, Perlis, Malaysia.
- Abarqhouei N. S., Hossaini Nasab H., Aarabi M. and Fakhrzad M.B., Integrated Ergonomics Measurement Model and its Effect on Organizational Productivity, Asia Pacific Symposium on Advancements in Ergonomics and Safety (ERGOSYM2011), 5-6 December 2011, Perlis, Malaysia.
- Radwan, A. and Aarabi, M., Modeling of Information Systems for Manufacturing Enterprises Aggregate Planning Using ARIS Framework. 11th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conference. 2010. Melaka, Malaysia.
- Radwan, A., Aarabi, M. and M.R. Khoei., Information System for Order Processing in the Supply Chain of Manufacturing Enterprises. 11th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conference. 2010. Melaka, Malaysia.
SUPERVISION of M.Sc. PROJECTS
• Assessment and Prioritization of the Factors Affecting the Decisions of Outsourcing Services of South Pars Companies Using the AHP Approach (Case Study: Phases 22-24 of Assaluyeh South Pars) (in progress)
• Investigating the Brand and Manufacturing Country in Choosing Home Appliance Customers (Case study: Shiraz Household Appliances Store) (in progress)
• Identification and Simulation of Lean-Green Drivers Integrated with Six Sigma Using DMAIC and DOE techniques (in progress)
• Assessment of Green Purchasing Barriers Using Fuzzy Delphi and Fuzzy DEMATEL Techniques (case study: Cinerea Company) (in progress)
• Assessing the readiness of small business organizations to implement customer relationship management using the factor analysis approach (Case study: Newshva Nik Shiraz Co.) (in progress)
• Evaluation and Ranking of Green Management Indicators in Non-Governmental Schools Using TOPSIS Method (Case Study: Non-Governmental Schools in Shiraz) (in progress)
• Investigation and Ranking the Causes of Delay in Gas and Oil Projects and Presenting a Plan to Reduce Them (Case Study: Sina Control Company) (2017)
• Investigating the effects of lean strategies on costs reduction in enterprises (Case study: Simkan Fars Company) (2017)
• Green supplier selection in petrochemical companies using Grey DEMATEL and Fuzzy TOPSIS combination model (2017)
• Critical success factors of reverse logistics in Iranian firms by using the Fuzzy Kano model approach (2017)
• A Model of Multi-Objectives for Supply Chain Management of Blood in Uncertain Conditions (Case study Shiraz City) (2017)
• Value chain evaluation model of tomato using Exploratory Factor Analysis approach (case study of Parsian–city of Hormozgan province) (2017)
• Determining Contributing Factors to Severity Rate of Occupational Accidents in Construction Industry Using Data mining Techniques (Case Study: MAPNA Company) (2017)
• Supplier selection with respect to sustainability aspects using a multi-criteria decision approach (2017)
• A Decision-Making Model to Optimize Production Rates in Shortages of Raw Materials And Inventories Conditions for Perishable Products (2016)
• Presentation a model for coordinated pricing and inventory planning in a multi-product competitive supply chain (2016)
• Assessment the Leanness of Providers of Shipping Logistics Services Using AHP (2016)
• Sustainable Supplier Selection in Supply Chain Using Fuzzy Analytical Hierarchy Process (Case: Fars Arjan Dairy Company) (2016)
• Evaluation the rate of consumer’s attention to green consumption among educated people using multiple regression approach (Case: Students of Islamic Azad University of Shiraz) (2016)
• Sustainable Supplier Selection and Evaluation by Using Combination Model of Fuzzy Analytical Network Process and Fuzzy TOPSIS (2016)
• Introducing a mathematical model for designing a reverse supply chain network for the recycling of worn out vehicles, taking into account the present value (2016)
• Investigating the Effect of Supply Chain Operations on Improving Competitive Capacity in Gachsaran Berjis Food Company (2015)
• Value chain analysis with the export development approach in the poultry industry of Iran (2015)
• Feasibility of using renewable energy in domestic suppliers of power plants and refineries in Fars province (2015)
• Providing a Model for Sustainable Supply Chain Management in Tourism Industry (Case Study: Tourism Industry of Fars Province) (2015)
• Provide a model with traceability in the sustainable supply chain for the poultry industry based on the SCOR model and the theory of constraints (2015)
• Ranking of suppliers of Shiraz municipality civil construction organization using multi-criteria decision-making techniques (2014)
• A mathematical model for the design of Bio-Ethanol supply chain in Iran (2014)
• New Product Development with Sustainability Approach (Case Study: Candy and Chocolate Production Co.) (2014)
• A New Method for Strategic Transformation Analysis Using Prioritization of Strategies and SWOT-AHP Method (Case Study: Shiraz Petrochemical Complex) (2014)
• A Comprehensive Model for Bank Performance Evaluation Using the BSC and Fuzzy ANP Combination Approach: A Case Study of the Bank of Refah in Shiraz (2014)
• Performance and Productivity Evaluation Using Balanced Scorecard and Fuzzy Network Analysis Process (Case Study: Abadan Petrochemical, before and after Recovery Outsourcing Maintenance and Repairs) (2013)
• Evaluation of the Role of Different Factors in the Efficiency of ERP Systems in Iran's Oil Industry Using Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) (Case Study: Fourth Refinery of South Pars Gas Complex) (2013)
• Supplier assessment and allocation of demand to suppliers in the supply chain using Fuzzy VICOR Method and Integer Number Planning (2013)
• Using Demand Forecast Models to Reduce Bullwhip Effects in Supply Chains (Case Study: Garment Manufacturing Company) (2013)
• Design of Sustainable Supply Chain in Agriculture using Fuzzy QFD-AHP (2013)
NON-ACADEMIC & INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCES
• Director of Pendarvarzan Paydar Pars Co. Ltd., (Entrepreneurship & Project Consultant) (2015-now)
• Member of the Healthy Food Association of Yazd Province (2014-now)
• Technical Consultant of Pishgaman Kavir Company (Dry Port of Yazd) (2013 - 2015)
• Head of Yazd Agricultural Jihad Market Commision (2012-2014)
• Member of the Commission of the Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines and Agriculture of Yazd Province (2012 - now)
• Head of Analyzing, Implementing and Operating team of Computerize Organization and E-Services of Agricultural Jihad of Yazd, Yazd, Iran (2005-2007)
• Senior Specialist of Information Technology Organization of Yazd Jihad-e-Agriculture Organization (2000 to 2009)
• Member of the Board of the Information Technology Council of Iran Institute of Standards and Industrial Research (2008-2010)
• Member of System Analyst & Programmer team of Computerized Organization of Agricultural Jihad of Yazd, Yazd, Iran (1996-2005)
• Director of Managing of Geeti Gostaresh Isatis Co., (IT), Yazd, Iran (1999-2009)
ACCOMPLISHED ACADEMIC PROJECTS
• Evaluation of Sustainable Development in Islamic Azad University (Shiraz Branch) from Students' Perspective (2014-2015)
• Evaluating of Critical Success Factors of Integrated Information Systems in Iranian SMEs, Shiraz, Iran (2012-2013)
• The Optimizing the Productivity of Water Usage in Farms and Greenhouses, Yazd, Iran (2005-2007)
MEMBERSHIP & ACTIVITIES
• Iranian Invention & Innovation Association (member)
• Iranian Standard & Industrial Research Institute (member)
• Language Skills: English
• Computer Skills: SPSS, LISREL, AMOS, Excel, COMFAR, Microsoft Office, LINGO, MATLAB